Monday, April 26, 2010

Black BOX














I picked this slide from the presentation as I believe that it reflects the ambiguity and harmony that shadows create.

To me, the casting of the shadows formed by the sculpture seems to create its own form and space. I would like to explore this idea further through my model to highlight the importance of shadows and their significance within the model itself. The shadows within this slide present an almost unsettling mood as it integrates with the lighting and the black and white tones to produce an abstract feel. Furthermore the shadows seem like a tool for highlighting the various aspects of the structure as it reveals the integrity of the structure.

Although the composition is made from various materials with different textures, the shadows, in a sense, unify these components thus creating a homogenous entity. These are some ideas that I may explore for my final model.

No comments:

Post a Comment